These flavorful bread crumbs are spectacular to have around the pantry for frying up shrimp (hello yummy Lent!!) or adding to your meatballs for some extra oomph!
- 3 cups of crushed Glutino crackers (about 1 1/2 boxes)**
- 2 tablespoons Thyme, dried
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
**Tip: I like Glutino’s Vegetable flavored crackers for this recipe.
You will also need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor (or someone who likes to smash crackers into small pieces)
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a food processor, finely crush the Glutino crackers.
- Mix crackers together with other ingredients and spread out onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 6-8 minutes. Stir the Panko mix at least twice during baking.
- The mix should be dry, but not dark brown and toasted (and you will love the smell!)
- Allow mixture to cool before using.
- Panko mixture can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks. It can also be frozen and kept for several month if container is tightly sealed.