Glutenthe tough, viscid, nitrogenous substance remaining when the flour of wheat or other grain is washed to remove the starch-free Wanton Wrappers is a fun and easy recipe that the kids can help prepare.
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups Glutenthe tough, viscid, nitrogenous substance remaining when the flour of wheat or other grain is washed to remove the starch Free Pantry All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 2-4 tablespoons of water
You will also need:
- Mixing Bowl
- Cornstarch for rolling surface
- Rolling pin
- Pizza cutter to cut dough
- Lightly beat the egg with the salt in mixer.
- Slowly add the flour to the egg mixture together.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of water. Slowly add water until workable dough forms.
- The dough should be like a stiff pasta dough, slightly sticky, but not overly sticky. If it is too dry, add more water. If too sticky, add more flour.
- Beat on a medium setting for 5 minutes.
- Cover dough with a wet towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Liberally cover your rolling surface in cornstarch. Turn dough out onto surface and cover with more cornstarch.
- Roll dough until very thin, sprinkling with cornstarch as you go to keep it from sticking to the counter and rolling pin.
- Once the dough is thin to your liking, use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into 4 inch by 4 inch squares and place parchment paper between each piece until you are ready to use them.
- Makes about 16 wonton wrappers.
- Stuff and cook immediately.